Sunday, January 3, 2010

random musings.

i wanted to be inspired to write all sorts of things about the new year and resolutions, etc. but tonight i want to focus a little bit on the past.
saying goodbye to things is never easy.
i'm pretty sure i've written that before.
it's just that the older i get the more real the term "forever" is.
i am terrible at good-byes. so terrible in fact that when at all possible, i avoid them.
however, some goodbye's just can't be avoided. there are things that you eventually have to let go of.
things that you cannot dwell on, or wish to change, no matter how deeply it pains you to do so. at the end of 2009, i honestly felt a slight breath of relief.
it was a reminder to move on. to hope for bigger and better things. but also a reminder to live life the way that you intended. in the words on someone i love deeply, "life is too short to be unhappy."
here's hoping that all your dreams come true in 2010... and an encouraging reminder that the best is yet to be.

1 comment:

Briana C. Price said...

Nice thoughts! As weird as it may seem I had the same feelings in a strange way as I was losing weight this past year. I was sad that things were different, even though things were better. I was sad that my favorite clothes no longer fit. I was sad that part of my life was "gone". I am happy now and don't have the same feelings but it took a bit to get accustomed to the new everything. It is a great ride, full of up and downs....this thing called life. But with our faith in God and our friends and famiy we get thru it the best we can and hope that we have done something great when we get to the end. I am really enjoying your thoughts! Really glad to know you!!
Jenn Price